Chronicle of the Hotel Post in Pertisau

  • The Hotel Post was built on the shores of the Achensee in Pertisau between 1903 and 1906. Pertisau builder Johann Huber was the man behind it.
  • Tourism on the Achensee increased slowly but steadily, but only in the summer. Comfort was a little lacking by today's standards (rooms without running water), but guests' expectations were also a little lower than they are nowadays.
  • In 1947 Josef Kobinger leased the Gasthof Seespitz with his wife Maria, a daughter of the Jenbach butcher Leitner. Their son Reinhard was born in 1946.
  • The Kobinger family took over the Hotel Fürstenhaus in Pertisau in 1955.
  • In 1963 Josef Kobinger bought the Hotel Post with his brother Ludwig. At that time, our family ran the Hotel Fürstenhaus on lease, the Hotel Stefanie and the Hotel Post with a total of more than 330 guest beds.
  • 1971: the first major renovation was carried out. Josef Kobinger, now the sole owner of the Hotel Post and Hotel Stefanie, built a living room, balcony and shower rooms and bathrooms on the lakeside of the bedrooms, and added a 5th floor by turning the roof on the building.
  • 1973: Marriage of Reinhard and Rosi Kobinger; Stephan was born in December just before the start of the season.
  • 1976 Purchase of the neighbouring building from Ms Viktoria Novak. The Posthorn building is used for staff. 1992: renovation and expansion of the same.
  • 1981: the Hotel Stefanie building is demolished.
  • 1982: construction of the new building with indoor pool and new rooms. Dark, heavy wood was extremely elegant for the time. The rooms were renovated in autumn 1983 and a new building with garages and the lawn was created from the old wooden building with garage.
  • 1989: The restaurant is enlarged. The conservatory, hotel hall and new bar are built. This was only possible due to the acquisition of land from the 4 owners of the Hotel Alpenhof. The negotiations had taken 20 years.
  • 1995: We jump on the wellness bandwagon. We would have liked to build the sauna in the cellar, but the Post had no cellar at that time. As a result, we had to lose the TV room, which we had been using as a billiards room since equipping all the bedrooms with TVs. This was fortunate, as it has now become a must for sauna areas to at least offer daylight. A sauna with lake views like ours was almost unheard of at the time.
  • 2001: An extension is added to expand the Hotel Post. The first suites are created here. The 5th floor had been planned as a staff floor. That's why the lift didn't go that far. All guests had to climb one storey on foot. This was remedied during the conversion.
  • 2004: Katharina – the next generation comes into the world.
  • 2006: 100 years after the Hotel Post am See was built a large trench appears in the lawn. The outdoor pool (delivered in one piece from near Hanover) is installed.
  • 2006: The Post am See celebrates its 100th birthday. We look back at the history of the hotel for the anniversary celebrations.
  • On 2nd July 2006, grandma Maria Kobinger dies aged 93; on 30th April 2008 Josef Kobinger follows aged 95
  • 2008: Reception is extended. A new fitness room and gym are built.
  • 2010: Simon is born
  • 2011: Stephan Kobinger takes over as Managing Director of Hotel Post am See GmbH. Rooms and suites are added above the new fitness room.
  • 2012/ 2013/ 2014 bedroom renovations on all floors.