Tyrol's largest mountain lake and the Karwendel Nature Park form the ultimate combination. They are the basis for the abundance of the region’s activities, including lake cruises, swimming at the lake, 500 km of signposted hiking trails, 250 km of signposted and approved bike routes, hiking through Alpine pastures, valleys and in the mountains, as well as numerous guiding companies with programmes suited to all ages...
Be active in the mountains and at the lakeside
- Enjoy a leisurely ride around the lake with a Post rental bike. Alternatively, you can rent an e-mountain or city bike for an additional charge and explore managed Alpine pastures. You’ll be spoiled for choice! For even more adventure, check out the over 200 km of signposted mountain bike trails.
- Keen to get your adrenaline pumping? State-certified mountain guides and outdoor specialists offer a wide range of mountain, climbing and canyoning tours. Check out the AirRofan high-ropes course or float safely above it all with an expert during paragliding. Plan your own extra special Adventure at Lake Achensee.
- We love wind-driven sports like sailing, surfing & kite surfing. Luckily, a reliable breeze is common during the summer months. Take advantage of an instructional course and you too can master the power of the wind.
- Sailing excursion with Stefanie
Once a week, we invite you to experience the lake from a new perspective with Stefanie on our small sailing yacht. Those who want to join her should register at reception.
- For those keen to be captain of a vessel themselves, boat rental is available in Pertisau (about 200m from the hotel) where you can hire a wide range of electric, pedal and rowing boats. FYI: Only the cruise ships and rescue service boats are permitted to use motors on Lake Achensee.
Enjoy the comforts of the valley and the lake
- For over 100 years, both train and ship journeys have proven to be popular holiday attractions for the entire family. Starting in the summer of 2022, the museum train will once again steam it’s way up the mountain from Jenbach to Lake Achensee.
- The Karwendel cable car in Pertisau and the Rofanseilbahn cable car in Maurach are also in operation in summer and transport hikers & sightseers comfortably to high Alpine terrain.
- For children, there are playgrounds in Pertisau, at the Atoll recreational facility in Maurach, or in Achenkirch. The lakeside road between Maurach and Achenkirch is now more exciting than ever as it features various activity stations for kids. Meanwhile, the Achensee Adventure Park boasts adventures for children and teens. During the holiday months, the tourism association also organises offers for children and teens ensuring fun and variety at various launch sites around Lake Achensee. Most of the offers are free of charge.