We live not only in but also to a large extent from our environment: The landscape around Lake Achensee and in the Karwendel Nature Park is always impressive for us too. With the following measures we try to keep our ecological footprint as small as possible.
- The solar thermal system provides hot water at almost 80° for free in summer - to the delight of the facility manager. Even in winter, warm water comes from the roof - to support the heating system in the hotel. This heats the 183,000 liters of water in the pool, the sauna facility, the hotel rooms and the service water.
- We have had charging stations for e-cars since 2022. Four electric cars can be charged at our wall boxes at the same time.
- We personally also drive an Audio e-Tron. That's fun :)
- Our combined heat and power plant has been ensuring the most efficient use of resources possible since 2006: The system produces electricity and transfers the heat generated to the hotel's heating system.
Small measures with big effects!
- We have been separating waste since the 1980s. At that time we were still largely alone - we are glad that that has changed!
- We have been using LED lamps throughout the house for years. The savings we were able to achieve with this really surprised us!
- 85% of the hotel is well insulated. A small part of the rooms in the Hotel Post, which is more than 100 years old, is still waiting for insulating material on the outer wall, which is over 60 cm thick.
- With every modernization, the windows in the respective construction phase are also exchanged for modern insulating windows. Most recently, the restaurant was fitted with triple-glazed panorama windows.
Efficient by conviction
At the beginning of the 2000s, we received detailed advice on the subject of energy efficiency and implemented various individual measures as quickly as possible. Some things do not belong to the usual canon - and we would like to list them here as well out of conviction:
- We run our laundry ourselves. The investments involved are not insignificant - but we have control over the consumption of detergent, our laundry only has to travel short distances and transport does not cause any CO2. We like that!
- Short distances and regional purchasing are generally important to us. The size of our business does not allow for shopping in the village - but we buy dairy products, meat products, vegetables and other groceries from our neighbors and farmers in the surrounding area.
- The routes are additionally optimized through membership in various purchasing cooperatives. If possible, no delivery truck should come to us half empty - that's why we like to coordinate with our neighboring companies in Pertisau when shopping.
- We also prefer to carry out our annual modernization measures - if possible - with local companies. Many a craftsman has known our house since their apprenticeship and works with us again and again until they retire. We particularly value long-term and reliable partnerships with our suppliers and partner companies!
- More than 20 years ago we replaced the oil boiler with gas heating. In the kitchen, on the other hand, we switched from the gas stove to induction in 2004. We like to use modern equipment during ongoing operations and regularly update our 'machine park'.
Your share of sustainability
- For environmental reasons, we have deliberately avoided using disposable flip-flops in your SPA bag and kindly ask you to bring your flip-flops with you. If you do not have your own bathing shoes, we will be happy to provide you with a free pair at the spa reception.
- Using towels multiple times or consciously foregoing daily room cleaning is another way to contribute a small detail to sustainability in everyday hotel operations.